CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2019 HANSON FAMILY UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PUBLICATION AWARD RECIPIENTS!
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Letters and Science
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Biological Sciences
The Hanson Family Undergraduate Research Publication Award is an annual award instituted in 2016, made possible through a generous endowment by Steve and Karen Hanson to support publication of undergraduate research by UC Davis students performed with guidance by UC Davis faculty. The award is intended to recognize publication of outstanding undergraduate research, scholarship or creative activity tied to any academic subject that has been performed while at UC Davis with guidance by UC Davis faculty.
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student in good academic standing
- Have conducted your independent research under the direction of a UC Davis faculty member
- Be an author on an article that is a recognized publication (has a DOI - digital object identifier - number and can be accessed on line for confirmation)
- $500 award
- Special recognition on the URC website and at the Spring Award Reception
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications consist of:
- A copy of the research publication uploaded in PDF format
- A summary describing the applicant's independent contributions to the project (no more than 1 page and combined as part of the same PDF with the publication)
- A letter from the faculty sponsor (no more than 2 pages long, 12-point font, single spaced)
- An additional supporting recommendation letter is optional (no more than 2 pages long, 12-point font, single spaced).
DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Deadline for Faculty Sponsor Upload: Thursday, April 23, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Please check back in early May for application site access.
For more information contact: Annaliese Franz, Faculty Director, Undergraduate Research Center, at email@example.com