The Hanson Family Undergraduate Research Publication Award is an annual award instituted in 2016, made possible through a generous endowment by Steve and Karen Hanson to support publication of undergraduate research by UC Davis students performed with guidance by UC Davis faculty. The award is intended to recognize publication of outstanding undergraduate research, scholarship or creative activity tied to any academic subject that has been performed while at UC Davis with guidance by UC Davis faculty.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2021 HANSON FAMILY UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PUBLICATION AWARD RECIPIENTS!
Madison Brigham, Cognitive Science & Computer Science
Gender Differences in Class Participation in Core CS Courses
Mira Milic, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
NMR Quantification of Hydrogen-Bond-Accepting Ability for Organic Molecules
Sachit Nagella, Chemical Engineering
Interplay of Effective Surface Area, Mass Transport, and Electrochemical Features in Nanoporous Nucleic Acid Sensors
Barath Palanisamy, Biomedical Engineering
Chemically-Gated and Sustained Molecular Transport through Nanoporous Gold Thin Films in Biofouling Conditions
Duyen Tran, Psychology
Interventions to Support Family Caregivers of People Living with Dementia in High, Middle and Low-income Countries in Asia: A Scoping Review
Matthew Kenaston, Microbiology
Nuclear Dengue Virus NS5 Antagonizes Expression of PAF1-dependent Immune Response Genes
Kyra Toomey, Global Disease Biology
Molecular Targets, Pathways, and Therapeutic Implications for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student in good academic standing
- Have conducted your independent research under the direction of a UC Davis faculty member
- Be an author on an article that is a recognized publication (has a DOI - digital object identifier - number and can be accessed on line for confirmation)
- $500 award
- Special recognition on the URC website and at the Spring Award Reception
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications consist of:
- A copy of the research publication uploaded in PDF format
- A summary describing the applicant's independent contributions to the project (no more than 1 page and combined as part of the same PDF with the publication)
- A letter from the faculty sponsor (no more than 2 pages long, 12-point font, single spaced)
- An additional supporting recommendation letter is optional (no more than 2 pages long, 12-point font, single spaced).
Application: EXTENDED to April 26, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
Letter Upload: April 28, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
APPLICATION (Opens April 5, 2022)
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org