The Hanson Family Undergraduate Research Publication Award is an annual award instituted in 2016, made possible through a generous endowment by Steve and Karen Hanson to support publication of undergraduate research by UC Davis students performed with guidance by UC Davis faculty. The award is intended to recognize publication of outstanding undergraduate research, scholarship or creative activity tied to any academic subject that has been performed while at UC Davis with guidance by UC Davis faculty.
ANNOUNCING THE 2020 HANSON FAMILY UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PUBLICATION AWARD RECIPIENTS!
Callie Wilcox, Animal Science
Publication title: Previously Identified Genetic Variants in ADGRL3 Are not Associated with Risk for Equine Degenerative Myeloencephalopathy across Breeds
Hana Minsky, Global Disease Biology
Publication title: A Customizable Approach for the Enzymatic Production and Purification of Diterpenoid Natural Products
Jayashri Viswanathan, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Publication title: Identification of Psychoplastogenic N,N-Dimethylaminoisotryptamine (isoDMT) Analogues through Structure–Activity Relationship Studies
Matthew Self, Physics
Publication title: Precision Weak Gravitational Lensing Using Velocity Fields: Fisher Matrix Analysis
Teresa Tang, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Publication title: Synthesis and Optoelectronic Properties of New Methoxy-Substituted Diketopyrrolopyrrole Polymers
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student in good academic standing
- Have conducted your independent research under the direction of a UC Davis faculty member
- Be an author on an article that is a recognized publication (has a DOI - digital object identifier - number and can be accessed on line for confirmation)
- $500 award
- Special recognition on the URC website and at the Spring Award Reception
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications consist of:
- A copy of the research publication uploaded in PDF format
- A summary describing the applicant's independent contributions to the project (no more than 1 page and combined as part of the same PDF with the publication)
- A letter from the faculty sponsor (no more than 2 pages long, 12-point font, single spaced)
- An additional supporting recommendation letter is optional (no more than 2 pages long, 12-point font, single spaced).