CUREs challenge students to develop research skills while contributing to the research of UC Davis scientists & scholars.
Course-based undergraduate research experiences (CURE) invite whole classes of undergraduates to address a research question or problem that is of real interest to the instructor teaching the course or the broader disciplinary research community. These special seminars provide students a special opportunity to make relevant discoveries, engage in iterative work, receive impactful mentorship, and share research results with stakeholders.
Who should enroll in a CURE?
Any first year student — freshman or transfer — who is curious about research at UC Davis and wants to prepare themselves to take advantage of research opportunities on this campus!
CUREs allow you to:
- Experience the technical side of research in a supportive environment
- Identify new career and educational pathways
- Connect to your instructors on a one-on-one basis
- Find out if research is right for you
- Start to feel more like a scientist or scholar
- Link what you learn in lecture with what is happening in the real world
Click here to find a CURE today!