VIRTUAL TRAVEL AWARD
Our Virtual Conference “Travel” Award will support registration costs (up to $250) for undergraduate students to attend virtual conferences, professional development events or workshops related to your research, scholarship and creative activities.
- Virtual event(s) must take place by December 31, 2021.
- Available for currently enrolled UC Davis undergraduate students in good academic standing.
- For students either presenting or attending an event; You are not required to be presenting to receive this award.
- A recommendation letter from a faculty sponsor is encouraged, but not required for attendees For both attendees and presenters a Faculty Sponsor must be identified as it is the faculty sponsor's department that processes reimbursements.
- The award funds (up to $250) will be transferred to the department of your faculty sponsor to handle registration or reimbursement costs for the virtual event. You will need to provide your proof of registration payment and your current address to the finance contact in that department.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
APPLY HERE: Virtual Conference “Travel” Award
Have questions? Send us an email email@example.com and a URC team member will get back to you. We look forward to learning about the virtual conferences you are attending.
“attending the NCRC gave me the chance to present my research to interested students and professors, such as Dr. Vincenzo Bollettino, Director of the Resilient Communities Program at the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative. Third, attending the NCRC also provided the opportunity to learn more about career and graduate school options, as the NCRC organized workshops with academics and other professionals. Presenting at the NCRC was an incredibly valuable activity, and it wouldn't be possible without the support of the UC Davis Travel Award.” - Brian Lee, Economics
Virtual Poster Presentation at the UC Davis Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Conference 2020.
FALL TRAVEL AWARD
The Fall Travel Award reimburses up to $500 of travel expenses for Undergraduate students who are presenting at research conferences, meetings of regionally or nationally, internationally recognized professional societies (or discipline specific equivalent-e.g. performance at nationally recognized festival) are eligible to apply. Funds are disbursed through the department of the sponsoring Professor (UC Davis faculty).
- Student must be an enrolled UC Davis undergraduate student in good standing at the time of travel
- Faculty letter of support is required
- Travel must take place during the 2021-2022 Academic School Year. Students may apply only once during an academic school year.
APPLY HERE: Travel Award Application
- Applications: Monday, November 8, 2021 at 11:59pm
- Letters: Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 11:59pm