To be eligible to participate in the Mentor-Mentee Program in Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies and Social Sciences, students must be:
- A currently enrolled and continuing undergraduate student in good academic standing
- A second or new transfer (third year) student
- A major within Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies, or Social Sciences
- Two-quarter commitment
- An hour-long meeting with your mentor every other week (every week encouraged)
- Timely completion of mentor-assigned tasks
- Attend events and complete program activities as scheduled
- Completion of program evaluations
- Acquire valuable skills to help you find a research mentor
- Get help in preparing for a thesis project
- Gain professional and career skills
- Learn how to prepare for graduate school
- Network with undergraduate and graduate students
How to Apply:
- Log into your UC Davis Gmail account and then click on the link: MENTEE APPLICATION
Priority Deadline: Friday, October 18th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Deadline: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
“The Mentor-Mentee Program in Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies and Social Sciences was pivotal in guiding me through balancing my undergraduate priorities, providing a broader picture of the graduate school application process, along with encouraging me to pursue research using an interdisciplinary, holistic learning mindset.”
– Kymberley Chu, Cognitive Science and International Business double major
In partnership with the Undergraduate Research Center, funding for the Mentor-Mentee Program in Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies and Social Sciences is provided by the Office of the Dean, College of Letters & Science, the Office of Graduate Studies, and the Office of Research.