To be eligible to participate in the Mentor-Mentee Program in Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies and Social Sciences, mentors must be:
- A graduate student within Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies, or Social Sciences
- Interested in mentoring undergraduate students and sharing research experiences
- Two-quarter commitment
- An hour-long meeting with your mentee every other week (every week encouraged)
- Adequate training for research projects
- Clearly communicated expectations on research assignments
- Provide feedback on mentee performance to program coordinator
- Attend events and help mentee complete program activities as scheduled
- Completion of program evaluations
- Mentorship and teaching experience
- Professional service for your CV
- Network with undergraduate and graduate students
- Quarterly stipend
How to Apply:
- Log into your UC Davis Gmail account and then click on the link: MENTOR APPLICATION
Priority Deadline: Friday, October 18th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Deadline: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
"Participating in this program has allowed me gain experience being a responsive mentor for two wonderful undergraduate students and introduce them to the world of university research. Both are interested in research in a field completely different than mine, making what I offered aimed at general capacity-building for both professional and personal development. They ended up teaching me as much as I taught them over the past several months. I am excited to continue working with the MMP in the future and continue to further my own professional development as a mentor."
– Christopher Jadallah, PhD student in Education
In partnership with the Undergraduate Research Center, funding for the Mentor-Mentee Program in Humanities, Arts, Cultural Studies and Social Sciences is provided by the Office of the Dean, College of Letters & Science, the Office of Graduate Studies, and the Office of Research.