Become an Undergraduate Research Ambassador (URA)
The Undergraduate Research Center is looking for undergraduate researchers to help inspire other UC Davis students by sharing their experiences, to demystify the research process, and share about the benefits and excitement of getting involved with research.
Benefits of Being an Undergraduate Research Ambassador
- Professional development opportunity
- Enhance communication and leadership skills
- Enroll for credit/units
- Get Paid! After completing a first quarter (volunteer or credit), Undergraduate Research Ambassadors are eligible to receive a stipend for additional quarters
- Students may also receive credit towards community service commitment requirement (e.g. for University Honors Program)
- Get a Reference/Letter of recommendation
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Mentor a fellow Aggie!!
Undergraduate Research Ambassadors Responsibilities
Participate in outreach activities such as:
- Meet with small groups of students in major/fields related to yours
- Assist with planning and outreach for the Undergraduate Research, Scholarship & Creative Activities Conference (spring quarter)
- Participate in planning and activities for Undergraduate Research Week (fall quarter)
- Share experience and present at URC workshops (e.g. How to get involved in undergraduate research)
- Attend monthly Undergraduate Research Ambassador team meetings
- Currently enrolled UC Davis student in good academic standing
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.0
- Interest and ability to share about your research experience at UC Davis
- Available to participate in two (2) activities/events per quarter
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to provide an encouraging, supportive environment for culturally diverse students
- Availability to attend monthly Undergraduate Research Ambassadors team meetings (determined as a group)
- A completed online application
- Resume and cover letter (must be one document in a PDF file)
- 1-2 references, 1 reference is required and the 2nd is optional (contact info only, no letter of recommendation required at this time)
- Group Interview for invited applicants
Priority Deadline: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
FINAL Deadline: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Questions?? Contact Elizabeth M. Nuñez at firstname.lastname@example.org