From scientific experiments to the scholarly analysis of literature, doing research is an ideal way to improve your future career prospects. Hands-on experience can help you narrow your interests and identify your aptitudes. If you are sure of your goals, it can provide you with skills that will be valued by employers and allow you to interact more closely with faculty mentors.
At the Undergraduate Research Center we empower students to find research opportunities and provide you with resources to hone the skills that are vital to success as a researcher. Explore our site to discover how to find an undergraduate research position and excel in the experience.
How to Submit your Research or Thesis to Explorations: The UC Davis Undergraduate Research Journal
Plan to attend this workshop given by University Writing Program faculty who will share their expertise in publishing as an undergraduate research author.
Thursday, November 6, 2014
12:10 – 1:00 p.m.
Meeting Room D, Student Community Center
Topics will include:
- The overall structure of an article--what a journal article “looks like”
- Techniques for drafting a new paper from scratch
- Techniques for taking an existing draft or paper and revising it for submission
- How to include relevant sources
- Writing tips
- The publication process—including the standard review process and how reviewers make decisions and give feedback to students
No need to register, just show up ready to learn!
Also, please visit our website at http://explorations.ucdavis.edu. See you there!